COMPANY: Coulson Aircrane Ltd.
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Aviation
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Coulson Group, we know that our employees are our strongest asset. Guided by a successful past and a long-term innovative vision for growth, our future success will be driven by our people and our strategic approach to our work.
Family owned and operated since 1960, the Coulson Group of Companies began with Forestry in British Columbia. During the 1990s, Coulson Group expanded into Aviation and, led by a pioneering management team, we have become one of the foremost Aviation Fire Fighting Companies in the world. We operate in the USA and Australia, and we expect to expand to other countries around the world.
In addition to Aviation, the Coulson Group has pursued other endeavours, the most recent of which has been Coulson Ice Blast, a unique industrial cleaning technology that has applications in many industries. In fact, we were recently recognized with awards for our ground-breaking technology being the most efficient and environmentally friendly industrial cleaning tool in the industry and the first manufacturer to produce a machine that can blast with real ice cubes.
We at Coulson Group are determined to make a difference in everything we do with an eye toward a sustainable future.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
This full-time permanent position is responsible for a high level of regulatory oversight through auditing and continually improving the Quality Management System and training program. This is a growth position with the potential to learn International Regulations as the Company continues to grow.
This position is based in mid-Vancouver Island, BC Canada. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Maintain the existing Quality Assurance System to Coulson’s Maintenance Control and Policy Manual.
- Perform audits to Transport Canada standards and regulations in accordance with the company auditing schedule.
- Perform audits to AS9100D standards in accordance with the company auditing schedule.
- Provide guidance to Managers and Supervisors with root cause analyses and corrective actions.
- Ensure corrective actions are implemented and followed up to confirm their effectiveness.
- Daily reporting to the General Manager regarding Audit schedules and finding resolution.
- Work with management to maintain and improve current internal processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and update the training records database.
- Develop training courses (in conjunction with subject matter experts)
- Internal auditor experience is required. Internal auditor training from a recognized training provider is preferred.
- Working knowledge or familiarity with AS9100 Rev D and previous maintenance background with technical records experience is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please quote "Quality Assurance Manager - CAL" in the Subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
In addition to a competitive salary, Coulson Group provides excellent benefits as part of its Total Compensation Package. These include medical and dental benefits, pension, and the possibility for bonuses. Moreover, Coulson Group values and strongly encourages its employees to maintain a positive Work-Life Balance, creating an environment that champions creativity and autonomy.
We are proud of our team and encourage a respectful workplace where everyone is treated with dignity and all ideas are welcome. Moreover, we support growth within the company and provide opportunities for advancement.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any element of the competition process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs
WHY CHOOSE US:
Port Alberni is a jewel nestled in the Alberni Valley, offering many outdoor activities during your down time, including water sports, camping, hiking, snow sports, and more. With lakes, the Inlet, and mountains all around, you will never run out of things to do here. You will also find some of the most delicious seafood right here in town at one of our many local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a quick weekend getaway, Tofino and Ucluelet are a mere two-hour drive West of town. Or, if you’re not looking for waves, Nanaimo is only an hour East, while Victoria is less than three hours South. Both offer big city shopping opportunities in addition to a wide variety of arts, entertainment, dining, and cultural activities. The Comox Valley is also less than two hours Northeast of the Valley. And let’s not forget those adorable goats on the roof at Coombs!
Centrally located, Port Alberni offers you the benefits of a small town – affordable real estate, anyone? – with the ability to play outside and experience big city life nearby.