Silvera for Seniors is a dynamic & growing not-for-profit organization that provides affordable housing for Calgary seniors. Our purpose is to give seniors the respect they deserve and make it great to be a senior in Calgary.
We are currently seeking a results - oriented, experienced Housekeeping Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Housekeeping Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the daily activities of the housekeeping team across Silvera communities.
- Minimum 5 years previous Housekeeping (or related operations) Supervisory experience is essential
- Minimum two years’ experience in the service industry
- Demonstrated management skills with a proven ability to recruit, hire and train employees
- Proven service leadership skills with the ability to inspire employees to deliver a meticulous and outstanding level of service to our residents
- Demonstrated work experience in creating and implementing Housekeeping processes
- Flexible, willing, and positive attitude, with excellent problem-solving abilities, proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment. Willingness to attend courses as requested by Silvera
- Must have current First Aid, WHMIS
- Intermediate experience with computer programs such as MS Word and Excel required
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25lbs
- Works to support Silvera’s service vision and goals; assuring consistent quality in cleaning across Silvera communities.
- Provides leadership and support to the Housekeeping Supervisors in ensuring consistent housekeeping quality, to achieve standards established by Silvera and the Board of Health regulations
- Ensures all phases of training, service, procurement, inventory control and standardized records and reports are completed for each community.
- Provides directional leadership and support to the Housekeeping Supervisors including recruitment, training, performance reviews and career development
- Identifies ongoing training needs of staff and works with the Training and Development Lead to coordinate orientation and training initiatives related to safety, equipment use and service to each community
- Establish and maintain solid and mutually beneficial business relationships with Housekeeping vendors resulting in the highest levels of satisfaction for Silvera
If you possess all of the above please apply by submitting a current copy of your resume, and a supporting cover letter addressing the above requirements. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
We thank all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications we will not be accepting calls about individual applications. No Phone Calls Please.
No Agency referrals will be accepted.
Note: This position requires the successful completion of a criminal record check.