Silvera for Seniors is a dynamic & growing not-for-profit organization that provides affordable housing for Calgary seniors. Our purpose is to give seniors the respect they deserve and make it great to be a senior in Calgary.
We are seeking a positive and committed professional with a social services background, exceptional customer service skills, and a genuine desire to work with seniors, to join our Support Services team.
As a member of the Support Services team and reporting to the Community Resource Supervisor, this position assists Community Management, Placement Coordinators, and residents in Supportive and Independent Living Communities. This role supports residents to enhance their well-being by providing information, individual support, access and referral to services and programs.
Other Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates appropriate placement of residents in Silvera communities through interview, tour and assessment processes.
- Responds to and prioritizes referrals from residents, family members, Silvera staff and partner agencies.
- Assesses resident needs, responds to resident concerns and provides appropriate support.
- Completes and maintains all necessary resident forms and documentation, including case notes, incident reports, releases of information and consultations.
- Provides information, makes appropriate referrals and facilitates resident access to community resources.
- Provides support to residents and their families in the transition process for residents arriving, during orientation, transferring between communities and transferring outside of Silvera.
- Advocates with and on behalf of residents for access to programs and services available both internally and externally.
- Provides crisis intervention, support and referrals to residents, families and Silvera staff.
- Works collaboratively with Silvera teams and external partners to focus on proactive interventions with residents and families, in order to support optimal resident functioning and engagement.
- Researches, administers and evaluates support needs of residents, making recommendations for revision and/or enhancements to programs and services.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to potential residents and/or partners, highlighting Silvera supportive and independent living opportunities.
To be successful you must possess:
- Completion of diploma or degree in social work, plus a minimum two (2) years’ experience working in a seniors’ environment is preferred
- Registration (RSW) with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) or willingness to obtain
- Strong foundation in aging process, trauma, addictions, mental health and diversity.
- Team work philosophy of collaboration and cooperation is required as it is necessary to coordinate the involvement of other colleagues on the team and throughout the agency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are essential for success
- Strong communication and listening skills essential.Excellent assessment and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commissioner of Oaths certification, or willingness to obtain
- Discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and use of own vehicle is required.
If you possess all of the above please apply by submitting a current copy of your resume, and a supporting cover letter (as one document) addressing the above requirements. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
We thank all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to current volumes, no phone calls please.
No Agency referrals will be accepted.
Note: This position requires the successful completion of a criminal record check.