Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated, committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture.
With over 19,000 clients from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Product Management team for the right candidate.
WORLD-CLASS PRODUCTS - IT'S WHAT WE DO
Payworks develops proprietary, integrated cloud-based products in the payroll, human resources and time and attendance space. We create, deploy and maintain our own solutions; this requires a talented team who are excellent critical thinkers/problem solvers and are driven to create products that work better while understanding and communicating customer needs.
COLLABORATE & INNOVATE - IT'S WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Make great products even better - Engage in a wide range of customer needs analysis, market research and HRIS competitive research to enhance the user experience down to the details. Building off your prior Product and Human Resource knowledge, you will be able to define market problems, market segmentation, create business cases and prioritize solution requirements.
- Lead the way – Team up with Business Analysts and Technical Leads to manage and direct the product roadmap for a variety of HR products by analyzing trade-offs between usability, performance needs, time to market and development costs. You will create and manage the organizational readiness plans required to successfully release the HRIS products.
- Creatively solve problems – Review interesting and complex challenges presented by the business and engage with team members to come up with the best solutions to those business problems. You will play an essential role in the strategy, design and development of Payworks HR products.
- Work with a team – Support, cooperate, and create with cross-functional teams and implement technical solutions that adhere to Payworks’ internal quality standards. You will collaborate with User Experience/User Interface specialists to ensure an intuitive user experience. We feel that exceptional and inventive development comes naturally to teams that are having fun and working together.
- Foster continuous learning - As a subject matter expert, you will assist our technical writers to create product bulletins and how-to guides. You will also facilitate roadmap and product demonstrations to our customers and internal staff.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Flexible working hours and no dress code.
- Free parking and employee gym onsite including regularly scheduled fitness classes.
- Modern office custom-designed for development work with smart collaboration space.
- Community-minded culture – Receive a paid day off to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Cool perks – Annual Wellness Subsidy, Costco Membership, Parental Leave Benefits, Flex Time and more!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Previous experience leading and collaborating with a team.
- Previous experience performing HR functions as a leader or manager and working closely with the Human Resources team.
- Previous exposure to working with various HRIS(s).
- Project management skills with the ability to lead and influence teams.
- Experience in analysis and research methods and documenting the business processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BONUS SKILL SETS
- Previous experience in working as a Human Resources Professional.
- Experience delivering training and presentations to target audiences.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.