Payworks is Canada’s fastest growing workforce management solutions provider and a multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. With over 15,000 clients from coast to coast and more than 200 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Product Management team for the right candidate.
The Report Analyst will be responsible to create Payroll, Time Management, and Human Resource reports for Payworks customers. The Report Analyst will also create import/export files to enable product integration and develop practices and procedures for creating standard and customized reports along with product integrations. The Report Analyst must possess a thorough understanding of the payroll industry, business analysis processes, report writing skills, database SQL experience, and testing techniques.
The Report Analyst will work directly with Payworks’ customers and internal teams to understand and document the customer’s reporting/import/export needs, create reports or import/export files, and collaborate with the customer to ensure test results meet their requirements.
The Report Analyst will have an understanding of the development lifecycle to deliver specialized products and services in collaboration with the Payworks Product Support, Product Management, and Development teams.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plan.
- Excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Flexible working hours and no dress code.
- Free parking and employee gym onsite, with regularly scheduled classes.
- Modern office custom-designed for development work with smart collaboration space.
- Community-minded culture – receive a paid day per year to volunteer and lots of opportunities to “pay it forward”.
- Follow us on Twitter to see why our employees and clients choose @PayworksInc.
- Prioritize new or existing client reporting or integration requests, prepare estimates of work, and negotiate scheduled timeframes with the customer to deliver the reports or integration files.
- Collaborate with customers to assess their data needs and understand the report or integration business requirements.
- Translate functional business requirements to create reports or integration files along with other technical solutions.
- Develop specification and design documents, for both internal and external clients as required.
- Understand database designs and create high performing SQL queries.
- Create test data/test plans along with conducting information and functional testing.
- Work with Payworks Development team to deploy the solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of five years progressive Report Analyst experience along with proficiency in analysis and development of simple to complex reports.
- Self-starter, with strong time management skills, who is willing to take the initiative and works well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business problems, and use this analysis to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Willingness to provide training and knowledge sharing, either directly or to a large group, and an ability to create supporting reporting documentation.
- Experienced in database management, database design, and has intermediate to advanced level of SQL knowledge.
- Understanding of the Scrum/Agile methodology is preferred.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence toolsets and issue/project tracking software is preferred.
- Experience with payroll processing/industry is preferred.