Silvera for Seniors is a dynamic and growing, Non-Profit organization that has been providing affordable housing to more than 1500 lower-income seniors across 26 communities in Calgary for over 50 years.
We are seeking a professional individual who is results driven, and strategy focused, to join our team as a Planner, Capital Development.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, as a member of the Sr. Management team, the Sr. Project Manager, Capital Development is primarily responsible for the planning, justification, and project management of Capital Projects, and the strategic coordination of capital planning projects including Silvera’s Capital Development Plan. This position is focused on strategically influencing the medium and long term planning and development of new communities and the renovations/redevelopment of various other senior’s focused apartment and supportive living communities throughout Calgary.
- Undertakes and manages reporting requirements, including capital budgeting, Project Dashboards, Project Progress Reports and KPM’s for Senior Management and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Plans for the completion and implementation of the Strategic Development Plan including processing to identify, accept and prioritize opportunities utilizing an understanding of Silvera’s services, and market populations and will drive the need for new and renovated space. Will anticipate and predict major capital projects by involving users, senior leaders and data to set the plan.
- Completes Business Cases that support the specific development of new projects, but also within the broader planning framework.
- Schedules the project in logical steps and budgets time required to meet deadlines.
- Prepares RFP’s and related contracts and negotiates revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, general contractors and subcontractors.
- Ensures all necessary permits and licenses are obtained.
- Directs and supports architects, prime-consultants, clients, and contractors in the completion of the planning process and related reporting.
- Develops and implements quality control procedures.
- Plans, organizes, and directs activities and maintains relationships with those responsible for the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Works with the senior management team collaboratively; develop strong stakeholder relationships and exceptional performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Post-secondary education in a related field (Architectural Technology, Capital Planning, Project Planning) in combination with a minimum 10 years’ experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural drawings, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to develop reporting requirements, write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of clients, employees, or organizations.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and programs, including WHMIS.
- Skill and familiarity with change management processes and challenges within organizations.
- Knowledge of seniors, and housing issues associated with seniors highly regarded.
If you possess all of the above please apply by submitting a current copy of your resume, and a supporting cover letter addressing the above requirements. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
Please note that our system only accepts one document upload. Your cover letter and resume will need to be one document/file.
While we thank all those who apply, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications we will not be accepting calls about individual applications. No Phone Calls Please.
No Agency Referrals
Note: This position requires the successful completion of a criminal record check.