Silvera for Seniors is a dynamic and growing, Non-Profit organization that has been providing affordable housing to more than 1500 lower-income seniors across 26 communities in Calgary for over 50 years.
We are seeking an experienced professional, service oriented individual to join our team as a Leadership Assistant on a full time basis.
The Leadership Assistant is primarily responsible to assist the Leadership and Board committees with administrative and organizational activities needed to support the smooth operation of the organization. Due to the nature of the work environment in the administration office, the Leadership Assistant may be required to provide administration support to other leadership roles, including directors and senior managers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages completion of multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner using advanced Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint, as required to prepare reports, memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and documents.
- Pro-actively manages calendars and scheduling of appointments, including room bookings.
- Makes travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff and Board Committee members as required.
- Creates and maintains a central filing record management system for both electronic and hardcopy records.
- Complies and submits confidential reports and records (which includes Board, management, payroll, and regulatory reports, as well as expense and travel submissions) as required.
- Works with the Leadership team to prepare and distribute material for Board Committees and Board Committee meetings.
- Demonstrates confidence in the ability to respond to the wide range of calls and requests that come from basic requests for information through to requests of an urgent nature
- The Leadership Assistant will be involved in project teams and special projects as required.
- The Leadership Assistant must be familiar with and support required submissions of key regulations, including Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), Supported Living Accommodation Licensing Act (SLALA), and Protection for Persons in Care Act (PPCA).
To be successful you must possess:
- Minimum of 5 years administrative/executive assistant experience
- Diploma or certificate in administration or a combination of experience and education may be considered
- Prior experience dealing with Boards, Board Committees, and executive managers.
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills including effectively dealing with the public is essential
- Advanced skills proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Outlook, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the housing or property management an asset
If you possess all of the above please apply by submitting a current copy of your resume, and a supporting cover letter addressing the above requirements. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered. Please note that our system only accepts one document upload. Your cover letter and resume will need to be one document/file.
While we thank all those who apply, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications we will not be accepting calls about individual applications. No Phone Calls Please.
No Agency Referrals
Note: This position requires the successful completion of a criminal record check.